Thursday, October 25, 2007

Greetings from Your Mother

So, I'm sitting in the WordCamp Israel Blogging Conference learning more about blogs...and to get here, I passed through the checkpoint where Elie is stationed. As I approached, I quickly scanned the faces of the soldiers - Elie wasn't there. Likely, he is driving around the security fence in a Humvee. It's what he told me he prefers. "Standing and watching cars drive through is boring," he told me the other day. So, I'm happy for him; he's enjoying the air, nice views, and not being bored.

As I passed through the checkpoint, I opened the window of the car and asked a soldier standing there, "Do you know Elie?"

"Of course," he answered with a warm smile.

"Send him greetings from his mother," I requested.

He smiled. I smiled - it was a wonderful feeling - to send love to your son. It was so much better than having to drive through in the dark knowing that he doesn't know you are there. All in all, a great way to start the day - warm greetings, Elie, from your mother!

No comments:

Copyright Statement

Everything on this site is protected and copyrighted according to Israeli and international laws. Violators WILL be prosecuted.

For permission to use pictures or text from this site, please write to: