Sunday, June 28, 2009

He Knows How to Shoot

After Shabbat had ended, as I was doing something on the computer, I got a phone call. While I took the call, Elie turned my laptop computer around to face him and began playing one of those games on the computer where you aim a colored ball and if you place it correctly, all adjacent balls of the same color evaporate.

I finished my call and went to sit down. Elie kept playing. "Are you almost done?" I asked.

"Almost," Elie answered.

A few minutes later and more rounds, "Much longer?"

"Soon," Elie answered.

I got another phone call and when I returned, Elie was deep into his second game, having won the first one with more than 200,000 points racked up. We went through the "almost" and "soon" a few more times and I made some comment about his playing the game quite well.

At that point, my youngest son answered, "he's in artillery; he knows how to shoot."

Well, when I finally got my turn, I decided to play the game Elie says he "always wins." I've lost 10 times already; my highest score is 28,000 and I'm seriously thinking of how I can get revenge for his getting me hooked.

And, as for the answer to how it's possible to get 200,000 points...I guess it's because "he's artillery; he knows how to shoot"...or...maybe, in a week or two or three or four, I'll figure some other answer.


Findalis said...

Forget it. Our kids will always be better at those games than us. It doesn't make a difference how long you play, they will be better.

Geonite said...

Funny and sad at the same time.

Copyright Statement

Everything on this site is protected and copyrighted according to Israeli and international laws. Violators WILL be prosecuted.

For permission to use pictures or text from this site, please write to: