Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I'm So Jealous...

Slowly, stories are coming out from Elie's time in the army...operations he went on; not major details that might be problematic, but things he did or saw; encounters he had while on the checkpoint, impressions from his time near Gaza. I let them flow, almost unsolicited.

Perhaps it is my projecting...wanting to believe he needs this as much as I do. Some stories involve danger...more danger than I knew about. It's silly to be scared or concerned now...he's here in front of me, after all.

We were talking about something and Elie mentioned a helicopter.

"Have you ever been on a helicopter?" I asked him a bit wistfully.

"Yes," he answered with a smile, "and it was cool."

"No way," I answered, already aware that he was sounding so much older than me. "Really?"

He explained that he and another commander had flown in a helicopter planning out a training mission that in the end never came about. Other things got in the way, but Elie got his helicopter ride. So cool.

I'm not interested in tanks - too large, too bulky, too...fierce.

But a helicopter...oh how I would love to ride in a helicopter.

No comments:

Copyright Statement

Everything on this site is protected and copyrighted according to Israeli and international laws. Violators WILL be prosecuted.

For permission to use pictures or text from this site, please write to: info@paulasays.com.