Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Message from the Moderators...well, Me Anyway

I have several long posts to make about Shmulik. I'm mulling them over before posting because he's in a period of change. I was afraid at first to post and make Shmulik look bad. I was afraid to post because I thought the army wouldn't handle the situation a certain way...or more, I was certain they would. I was wrong...or so it seems at this tender moment in the process. If what I hope will happen does happen (how's that for a mystery), I will have been happily proven wrong. So, even though I thought to post things as they happen here - allowing you all to experience this aspect of being a mother of a soldier - the uncertainty in a transition, the hope, disappointment and hope, etc...I haven't done that.

I had this once before with Elie when the army offered to have him be a commander for a unit with girls in it. It was not something that Elie, as a religious soldier, felt comfortable doing. He'd made his preferences known at the beginning, as was his right in the army, and then the army put him in a position that they had specifically asked him about. I was worried then what they would do with Elie - the army treated him with respect, allowed him to honor his beliefs, and still found a solution for all. Then too, I didn't feel I could post until the situation was resolved and wondered how I could post without making either Elie or the army look bad.

So, I'm sort of in that period now - thus the break in posts. I've written one long post explaining, but hope today to have the conclusion of this long period and then I'll post it. In the meantime, I have another one I'd like to make now...

No comments:

Copyright Statement

Everything on this site is protected and copyrighted according to Israeli and international laws. Violators WILL be prosecuted.

For permission to use pictures or text from this site, please write to: info@paulasays.com.