Sunday, September 25, 2011

Haven't Been Posting Enough

And I really need to...but it's also late at night. A little while ago, Chaim called. A little after he got out of the army, he took a much deserved vacation to Thailand with friends and then, after a brief time back in Israel, went to spend several months with his family in America.

He's coming back in a bit over a month to begin learning in university here and though I miss him, I feel in my heart he'll be back soon. I'm glad he's with his parents, his sister and his beloved nieces - all of them! And I love hearing that Yaakov told him to go back home to Israel.

I miss Yaakov too. I've never met his daughters and only briefly met his wife.

So during the conversation, Chaim said he was disappointed that I hadn't mentioned him in a while...he's right! He's been away for several weeks...longer even. I've missed him. Chaim and I share a bond that I don't share with my own children. He understands American jokes and culture; while my children were raised here and often don't understand.

He's been sweet - calling me several times over the summer. One of the times, Shmulik was here and took the phone, "when are you coming home?" he asked.

As I moved around the kitchen getting ready for the coming Shabbat, I listened to Shmulik repeat, again and again, "so, when you come HOME...." and "at HOME..." and on and on. It was cute. They spoke in Hebrew - I think Chaim needed the connection to the language and Shmulik is more comfortable in Hebrew anyway.

So - this post is the one I told Chaim I was going to go make...and which I forgot to post. Not posting is really not a good habit!

1 comment:

ProphetJoe said...

Welcome back!

Copyright Statement

Everything on this site is protected and copyrighted according to Israeli and international laws. Violators WILL be prosecuted.

For permission to use pictures or text from this site, please write to: