Friday, July 6, 2012

Join the IDF!

Well, my sons did, so why not me? Now the IDF is letting everyone join - and I'm already in! I joined for a lot of reasons - first, it gives me a's fun. second, as it shows below, we get to let the world know what's really going on in Israel.

I've been trying to do that for 5 years - only now, I get to do it with a rank! The problem is, it's addictive and as you rack up the points, I realized it's possible to really move up in the ranks. What took Elie three years to accomplish - First Sergeant - took me less than an hour.

Now, a few hours later, I'm a Veteran Lieutenant! And, as the army does - today is Friday and I already know I've got my first Friday home with my family! God bless the IDF and Shabbat shalom to everyone - from Veteran Lieutenant "A Soldier's Mother"!


Anonymous said...

Good to see you've made rank, Ma'am.
But I'm guessing Elie's smart enough to know who's been in charge all along.

Anonymous said...

This is a great initiative by the IDF - saw it on your blog and shared on mine as well - see

Anonymous said...

That's a great initiative by the IDF - saw it on your blog and shared on mine - would love to share more links :-)

Ana r said...

how can i voluntee? im not jew im woman and im from peru, last year i was in tel aviv with some friends and i tried to enlist in army and they denied me :(

Copyright Statement

Everything on this site is protected and copyrighted according to Israeli and international laws. Violators WILL be prosecuted.

For permission to use pictures or text from this site, please write to: