Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Meaning of Home

I don't know how much time I'll have to write tomorrow. I'll be having a full house and a table so full. So I'll take a moment now to write that tomorrow is my aliyah-anniversary - the day, 19 years ago, when I packed up two little boys, 9 suitcases, 6 carry-ons, a stroller and a car seat and flew to join my husband and oldest child here in Israel.


It was the fulfillment of a dream that began when I was 13 years old; it was just months before my 10th wedding anniversary. It was the fulfillment of a promise my husband made to me when we decided to marry. It was...and is...the essence of who I am. I have loved this land since I was 13 years old.


It has been mine for thousands of years. Long before I was born, and long after I die - it will be mine. It is a gift we gave our children and already it is being passed on to the next generation. Thank you to the land of Israel for welcoming me home. You are the most beautiful of lands, the crown of God's eye.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Aliyah Anniversary!!!! Wishing you many many more such celebrations in our beautiful Land! Jan

ProphetJoe said...

Ditto what Jan said! Have a blessed day and weekend.

PJ

Wolfgang said...

"It has been mine for thousands of years. Long before I was born, and long after I die - it will be mine."

Paula, Israel is your home forever, I think.
And even if you die, I think you'll live again.
Is not it so: death will no longer be! ...?

All of Israel - all who ever died, who now live and who are still born ... They will be able to live again ... forever.
With HIM.
As His Children.

Is this the desire of God?
When I read the Bible ... I think it will be so.

God can.
I trust HIM.

"And I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel, and one King shall be for a king to all of them. And they shall not be two nations still. And they will not be divided into two kingdoms any more. And they will not still be defiled with their idols, even with their abominable idols, and with all of their transgressions. But I will save them out of all their dwelling places where they have sinned in them, and I will cleanse them. So they shall be for a people to Me and I will be for God to them. And My Servant, David, shall be King over them. And there shall be one Shepherd to all of them. And they shall walk in My judgments and keep My statutes, and do them. And they shall dwell on the land that I have given to my servant, to Jacob, there where your fathers dwelt in it. And they shall dwell on it, they and their sons, and the sons of their sons, forever. And My Servant David shall be a ruler to them forever. And I will cut a covenant of peace with them, an everlasting covenant it shall be with them. And I will place them and multiply them, and I will put My sanctuary in their midst forever. And My tabernacle shall be with them, and I will be to them for God, and they shall be to Me for a people. And when My sanctuary shall be in their midst forever, the nations shall know that I, Jehovah, sanctify Israel."
(Ezechiel 37, 22 ...)

HE is the only true God.
The true God loves His people.
Israel has this God.

Copyright Statement

Everything on this site is protected and copyrighted according to Israeli and international laws. Violators WILL be prosecuted.

For permission to use pictures or text from this site, please write to: info@paulasays.com.