Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Mother's Perspective

I watched this video - I'd seen pieces of it elsewhere. What got to me was one of the last lines - that this will stay with them forever. I don't think Aliza will ever forget what it is like to be so afraid; afraid that a missile will come down on her home; afraid to go out and be too far away.

I had to explain to her - and to others, the order of what to do during an attack. "Why haven't they prepared people in Jerusalem for this?" I was asked today. And the answer is that the army has been telling us for days what to do in case of a rocket attack but we who live so far never believed they would fire at Jerusalem. And now we do and so gone is that small measure of security. I find myself listening for sirens, imagining how long it will take me to run up the stairs and get everyone down to the bomb shelter and I imagine, sometimes, that they will never forget these days. I certainly won't.


No comments:

Copyright Statement

Everything on this site is protected and copyrighted according to Israeli and international laws. Violators WILL be prosecuted.

For permission to use pictures or text from this site, please write to: info@paulasays.com.