Sunday, July 13, 2014

From an Israeli Soldier on his way to base

This is what an Israeli soldier just sent his mother as he made his way back to base. This is a son of Israel, a son of us all, all our sons.
I've been thinking a lot about the army lately, what I give to this country and what I get in return.

The only thing I can think of that I give is my time. I give my time and in return I receive a life full of experiences and lessons. I get food, sometimes a bed, but I'm more appreciative about those life experiences.

The army has taught me that there is no liquid tastier than water; I have learned to appreciate my sleep, and how at times to appreciate light; I've learned how far and how fast my body and my brain could work.

I learned all this and all I give is my time. I have learned how beautiful my country is, I have conquered it with my feet. I love the heat, I love the cold, I love the trees and I love the sand. I love this country and I shall give it my all.

Although sometimes I wish I could give a little more.
May God watch over him and all the sons and daughters of Israel and bless them this day, this night, this week, this month, this year, and always.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paula,

You don't have to tell us if you don't want to, but I think this is one of yours. He certainly seems to have inherited a certain way of bringing a new perspective...

G-d bless them all.

CDG, Yerushalayim

Anonymous said...

Paula, it looks like one son is following in his talented mother's footsteps: such moving words!!

P. Aaron Jones said...

Most awesome post. This American prays for Israel.

Ellen Miller said...

What a beautiful post. Obviously a well raised Israeli boy! I will pray for his safe return with all our other soldiers!

Ellen Miller said...

What a beautiful post. Obviously a well raised Israeli boy! I will pray for his safe return with all our other soldiers!

Copyright Statement

Everything on this site is protected and copyrighted according to Israeli and international laws. Violators WILL be prosecuted.

For permission to use pictures or text from this site, please write to: info@paulasays.com.