Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Guest Post: What will save Israel


This is a guest post by a friend of mine - Michelle Coven Wolgel, an attorney living in Maale Adumim. She says the words that are in our hearts and minds today in Israel.

So I am not a blogger, I am just another Israeli who has been living by watching the news for the past 18 days. I am also an American which means that I think I am even angrier than an Israeli at the White House’s reaction or rather lack thereof.

My thoughts this morning, this horrible morning after hearing the news that our three teenage boys were murdered.

I have been living in Israel for 27 years, and I was thinking what kind of animals shoot three teenage boys whose only crime was they were waiting at a bus stop only to be picked up by two animals and shot in the back seat of a car.

The answer is - the kind that go up to a car and shoot an 8-month-pregnant women and her 4 young daughters aged 2-11 at point blank (Tali Hatuel and her daughters, 2004).

The same kind that kill almost an entire family while they are sleeping including a 3-month-old infant (the Fogels, 2011).

The same kind that kill two boys age, Noam, 4, and Matan Ohayon, 5 and their mother who laid on them to protect them in Kibbutz Metzer in 2002.

The same kind who attacked and murdered Koby Mandell and Yosef Ishran, bludgeoning them beyond recognition with rocks, 2001.

The same kind that break into a house and stab a man and his pregnant wife (Danny and Mara Frei, 1995).

The same animals who shoot and kill almost another family (Rachel Shabo and children three of her boys, Nerya, 15, Tzvika, 12, and Avishai, 5, in 2002).

The same kind who kill a sleeping soldier on a bus (Eden Atttias, 2013).

The same kind that go into a Yeshiva and shoot 8 boys in cold blood (Mercaz HaRav Massacre, 2011).

The list goes on.

I came up with this without looking for attacks towards Israelis online, I just remembered.

I cannot forget. I cannot forgive. And I know that I cannot make peace with animals or talk to them or show restraint. I don’t know how any country or person could be asked to do so. Am Yisrael (the people of Israel) has shown amazing Achdut (unity) for the past 18 days, it is this that will save us and not making peace with animals.

2 comments:

Ye'he Sh'mey Raba Mevorach said...

It's important to remember that it's not just the fringes of Palestinian society who have performed these despicable post-Oslo acts. This is a society that condones and celebrates these acts. It's not a few crazies. We have our own crazies, but their families are not supported and celebrated en masse after the fact.
Palestinian terror is organized terror and government supported and sanctioned terror.
All of this is POST Oslo--which was supposed to bring us peace.
#GushEtzionFirst but annex all of Judea, Samaria AND GAZA now.

Kaila said...

merkaz harav massacre was in 2008. I can never forget the date, as I was at that exact moment returning from the kotel with my husband (then chattan), after he proposed.

Copyright Statement

Everything on this site is protected and copyrighted according to Israeli and international laws. Violators WILL be prosecuted.

For permission to use pictures or text from this site, please write to: info@paulasays.com.