Sunday, July 20, 2014

Hatred of the Centuries

What we are fighting is so much more than what it appears to be. Simple-minded folks like the reporters for CNN need to give you a summary of centuries in minutes; decades in seconds. The pictures are what matter. Blood determines the facts, not truth. Their blood is so much more glamorous, even when it is faked. Their women cry out their agony; ours show grace in tears.

There are thousands of mothers crying in Israel today - every minute brings the tears. We hear things not yet made public, and we cry. We hear rumors and we agonize.

For those, like me, who choose to try to make our case more public, the abuse we receive is more public as well. Mostly, I don't care. The thing that crushes me is Elie checking his phone  - I'm waiting for him to tell me they've called him up. Even a discussion we had this morning about why he was taking a shower and doing laundry sent me into tears. He was here for lunch - he and his younger brother ended up making cheese toasts for the family with our new Israeli-style sandwich maker.

"Why are you taking a shower?" I asked him stupidly.

"Because I'm hot and sweaty," he answered. "Why did you take a shower this morning?" he asked back.

"Because I'm afraid they are going to mobilize my unit," I joked back...but it isn't funny.

There are moments when I do feel I am in a battle of sorts - but a meaningless one. One I have no chance to win and yet I fight it. There is such hatred out there.

The funny thing is that there is hatred I can take, and hatred that I can't. When they hate Israel and lie about what is being done - I can handle that. Stupid, ignorant people. If you are going to argue, at least argue with the facts.

I can take the nasty name calling - what do I care what some person who barely has a functioning brain calls me. I know what I am, and what I'm not. I may not be the nicest person in the world, but I've always been faithful to my husband (yeah, I have), I've never been a sexual deviant, my kids were born well after I was married, and I was born well after my parents were married, so that should settle the issue of my legitimacy.

I could go on - these are the silly things that make me smile, not cry. They don't wound me, they entertain me.

If I were to be honest, and maybe I shouldn't be, there is an evilness out there that does cause me pain. But it takes a special kind of hatred (or massive stupidity...or both) to write such things as "Hitler made a mistake by killing only 6 million Jews. He should have destroyed them all." (translated into English).

The humorous part here is that the one who posted it is black. Did no one tell him that Hitler thought the blacks were sub-human, at least as bad as the Jews?

Did no one tell this idiot that the number-one target for Hitler's sterilization program were blacks living in Germany (about 24,000 at the time). Hitler referred to blacks as beasts and apes.

This is one very confused and sick individual. Perhaps sicker than that is that he has 1,750 people following him...sick indeed.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

May God bless and protect you and your family. There are plenty of people across the world faithful in prayer for Israel in these times.

John 15:18-19: If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

Behold, He who keeps Israel Will neither slumber nor sleep. - Psalm 121:4

Copyright Statement

Everything on this site is protected and copyrighted according to Israeli and international laws. Violators WILL be prosecuted.

For permission to use pictures or text from this site, please write to: