Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Miracle I Didn't Write About

I heard about this one a few days ago but had not seen it anywhere and so I didn't write it down. It is now beginning to appear, first in Hebrew and now in English.

The story was related to the media by an Iron Dome battery commander...

A missile was launched from Gaza. Iron Dome is especially precise in its calculations [of where a rocket is going to hit] to within a radius of 200 meters. This particular missile was going to hit either the Azrieli Towers, the Kirya (military headquarters) or a Tel Aviv railway station. As much as we couldn't imagine this, hundreds could have died.

We fired the first anti-rocket attempt. It missed. Second attempt. It missed. Third attempt. It missed. This is very rare. I was in shock. At this point we had just four seconds until the missile lands. We had already notified emergency services to converge on the target location and had warned of a mass-casualty incident.

Suddenly, Iron Dome (which calculates wind speeds, among other things) shows a major wind coming from the east, a strong wind that…sends the missile into the sea. We were all stunned. I stood up and shouted, ‘There is a God!’

I witnessed this miracle with my own eyes. It was not told or reported to me. I saw the hand of God send that missile into the sea.
I'd like to point out that the wind here in Israel usually travels from the west to the east - from the sea into the country. On rare occasions do we have what we call a sharav, where the hot desert winds blow into Israel in the opposite direction. There is usually a build up; it doesn't happen all of a sudden.

I'll also add that the Azrieli towers - three huge buildings creatively shaped - one as a circle, one as a square, one as a triangle. I have been in the Azrieli towers many times and often, since 9/11 think of what would happen if the towers were hit. It's a scary thought...

There are other miracles I will try to write about...others still coming through. We just had a siren in Maale Adumim. Elie got the alert on the phone and pounded on everyone's door and got us to the bomb shelter where we heard the booms. 

3 comments:

Batya Medad said...

This has been a war of miracles, and I think G-d will give up on us because of the ceasefires and too much in trusting in goyim.

Anonymous said...

To Batya, above - please, please, please. I am one of those goyim but I read the Psalms and I read the TaNaKh and what I see there is this: after every fall there is a rising, for your G-d NEVER gives up. He will never abandon you, never forsake you, never break His covenant. His love never ends.

Anonymous said...

Praise G-d for His mercy and His strength!
He is protecting His people!
He will show Himself strong in the face of the false god Allah. Let the arabs see this and know that He is the one true G-d.

Blessings from Australia,
keep the updates coming, it is so so important - we don't hear much pro-Israel stories in our media, to their shame.

Sherry

Copyright Statement

Everything on this site is protected and copyrighted according to Israeli and international laws. Violators WILL be prosecuted.

For permission to use pictures or text from this site, please write to: info@paulasays.com.