Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Count Your Blessings - Day 11

One of the greatest gifts...yes, I'll probably keep writing those words for all of the blessings I write in this series...but....

One of the greatest gifts God gives us, is the ability to believe. I cannot begin to list the number of times people have told me that I have it easy because I have faith.  During the war, when so many expected a missile to come crashing into Tel Aviv, a friend there told me that she was genuinely frightened. I told her that I believed that all would be well and all in all, we were blessed with miracles almost daily.

Pieces of missiles fell in the center of Tel Aviv - and Jerusalem - and no one was hurt. Homes were hit directly with rockets - with people in them...and they walked out of their bomb shelters unharmed. For me, faith is the answer to the question of why Jews remain when so many other nations have vanished.

I don't how anyone could live with the uncertainties of life - if they didn't carry with them faith in God and the deepest belief that He will protect us. While looking for another video, I found this one - it is a very well known song - "I believe." - Ani Ma'amin.

"I believe, with complete faith, in the coming of the Messiah, I believe. And though he may tarry, even with this, I wait for him every day  and believe he will come."

Today's blessing is the gift of faith.

No comments:

Copyright Statement

Everything on this site is protected and copyrighted according to Israeli and international laws. Violators WILL be prosecuted.

For permission to use pictures or text from this site, please write to: info@paulasays.com.