Saturday, November 1, 2014

Count Your Blessings - Day 36

On Wednesday night, as I was preparing to close down, a news update came through. A 50-year-old Rabbi had been shot by an Arab terrorist. The Arab rode a motorcycle up to the man, asked the man to confirm his identity, and then shot him three times, at almost point-black range.

Rabbi Yehudah Glick was hit three times in the chest and stomach. The Arab assailant raced off into the distance as people around rushed to help Rabbi Glick. There are things I want to write about the attempted assassination, but for now, I'll write the blessing.

Rabbi Glick lost a tremendous amount of blood and was rushed to one of Jerusalem's four hospitals where he underwent emergency surgery. It was announced that he was in very critical condition, his life in danger.

And the blessing - doctors. The doctors worked very hard to save his life, and are still working, days later, because although Rabbi Glick is going better, he is still in critical condition, but responsive.

God gives certain people the ability to learn huge amounts of information, the desire to help  people they don't know. He gives them hands that heal, minds that seek out the best solution to each condition they face. God gives them the arrogance to demand the patient get better and the will power to invest time and energy getting that person out of danger.

I am thankful that overall, I have been healthy and see very few doctors - certainly none on a regular basis. I have gone to two internationally known doctors - one for my surgery and one for one of my children. Both doctors were amazing, patient. One said to me, "I'm not God; I can only tell you 99.9% that it will be okay." And it was.

The other, last year when operating on my shoulder, was beyond talented, understanding, patient, amazing.

May God bless Rav Yehuda Yehoshua ben Rivka Ita Breindel with a speedy and complete recovery and may his doctors be blessed for all that they do.


No comments:

Copyright Statement

Everything on this site is protected and copyrighted according to Israeli and international laws. Violators WILL be prosecuted.

For permission to use pictures or text from this site, please write to: info@paulasays.com.