Friday, March 6, 2015

When the Land Sings

I work very hard in this life - at my job, with my family. I rarely have time to myself, time to sit and do what I want for any extended period of time. I dream of suddenly finding myself rich enough to afford the simple pleasure of doing what I Donald Trump would read my blog and, you need to focus on writing, so here's ... I don't know... $100,000 per year.

Hire someone to clean; hire someone to do your grocery shopping and cook for your family and hire someone to make your garden nice and keep it that way. For $110,000 a year, I might even be able to hire someone to change the sheets on my bed every day (I love the feeling of new sheets...)

And with that...I'd spend my life balanced between pouring out the words that flow inside my head, with spending time with my family and friends. So, assuming that's not going to happen and I'm going to have to spend the next 10 plus years as I've spent the last 20 (at least)...working too many hours, cleaning too much, cooking too much...what I will tell you is that while I can't steal all the days and hours of my life away...I do steal days, here and there.

Last Thursday, our 9th annual conference was was fun and I think it went really well. New venue - fun and friends and old ones...and a guest from America - his first time in Israel. And so I stole hours before the conference and days after to take him around.

I can't stand the idea of someone coming to Israel and not seeing the land. I want them to know its beauty, its history and to see it not as the media projects, but as God has blessed.

So...we went; we saw...and we took are some...

As I traveled around Israel - in Jerusalem, Hebron, to the Sea of Galilee and the Jordan Valley, Emek Ella - where David fought Goliath and so many other places...I could hear the land singing...and in my heart, I sang too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shabbat Shalom...and I'm sure you know just how blessed you are to live in the most beautiful and special place on earth. I daven every day to be able to make aliya...maybe one day.

Copyright Statement

Everything on this site is protected and copyrighted according to Israeli and international laws. Violators WILL be prosecuted.

For permission to use pictures or text from this site, please write to: