Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Great Passover Cliches

You know you need to rest when your brain fills with the great Passover cliches...feel free to join in any time...

seems appropriate for the day...

  • It's always dirtiest before you clean.

  • Don't air your dirty laundry in public...better to send it out to the laundromat.
  •  A rose by any other name would still smell better than the oven cleaner I just sprayed on the oven racks (that I'll be putting away because I have Passover oven racks).

  • Never forget that dust and dirt are the greatest evils known to Nisan (the Hebrew month, not the car).

  • Absence makes the heart grow fonder is not a good enough excuse to get out of Passover cleaning!
  • Passover is the time of our freedom...from everything but cleaning.
  • If Moses could see us now...he'd wonder where we took the wrong turn.
  • In bringing 10 plagues on Egypt and parting the sea for the Israelites, God was trying to teach us an important lesson...and as soon as I finish scrubbing my oven, fridge, counters and floors...right after I pack away enough dishes to make room for the Passover dishes and unpack them...and rinse them to dry...and finish the Passover shopping...and cooking for the Seder. Right then...I'll try to figure out what that lesson was.
Once upon a time, in a far and distant land, the God of Israel blessed his people and brought them home...why we have to give up noodles for seven (eight days outside Israel)...I don't know...

Okay, enough joking...back to cleaning...

2 comments:

ProphetJoe said...

Greetings Paula,

It's been a while since I visited... I just wanted to stop by and to wish you and your family a joyous Pesach. (Chag Sameach - I hope I have that right!)

Joe

Paula R. Stern said...

Thanks Joe - you absolutely got that right and I've missed you...hope everything is fine on your side of the world - and assuming you celebrate Easter...a very happy Easter to you...

Copyright Statement

Everything on this site is protected and copyrighted according to Israeli and international laws. Violators WILL be prosecuted.

For permission to use pictures or text from this site, please write to: info@paulasays.com.