Sunday, May 31, 2015

Quick Note...

To those who have expressed concerns or said I sound depressed. I promise, I'm not. I have to make a decision about something. My heart says one thing; my brain sort of says another. What will it cost my heart to listen to my brain? What will my brain think if I go with my heart.

For the past 30 hours or so, I've been imagining both scenarios, agonizing and getting mixed suggestions and advice. There is no wrong answer and, in a way, no right one. This is not an uncharted path...except for me.

I'm sorry for being vague. I'll come out with it all once I decide what to do. For now, I am thinking. I'm not depressed...I'm honored to have been presented with this dilemma and I'd really like it if God could please take a moment from running billions of lives and infinite numbers of creations and possibly planets and universes and tell me what He was thinking.

Short of that, I have to understand why this challenge was placed before me and what God expects of me...which, as I said, would be infinitely easier if God could sort of spell it out. "Paula, thou shalt do x"...that could really work.

But I'm not depressed. It isn't health-related. The new baby is wonderful; my two "older" grandchildren are beyond words. The weather in Israel is delightful; my kids are amazing...well, mostly.

My husband is a man...yeah, the women understand that one and the men probably don't. I've asked a rabbi I respect very much and the wife of another rabbi (oh, she'd hate it if I referred to her that way)...okay, so let me rephrase there's another rabbi who I also respect a ton who I haven't asked and a dear, dear friend who is married to him - and I asked her. I asked my mother. I haven't asked my husband. I've told most of my children - they are all asking me what I've decided...and I haven't.

So...I'll get there...hopefully soon. For now...I'm really hoping for divine intervention...short of which, I'll figure something out...soon.

1 comment:

ProphetJoe said...

Being a man... I didn't really follow what you wrote! But I wish you well!

Copyright Statement

Everything on this site is protected and copyrighted according to Israeli and international laws. Violators WILL be prosecuted.

For permission to use pictures or text from this site, please write to: info@paulasays.com.