Sunday, September 6, 2015

Settling in to a New Reality

I have a new reality to least for the next few months...and then, just as I have to learn to be, to settle, to live now, I'll have to do this whole thing all over again.

For now, my new reality is that Thursday will come and my house will fill with people...the big people my children have become. Aliza came home. Davidi came home, helped me for a few hours, and then packed up and went back to his yeshiva. Elie and Lauren joined us for both meals! Their adorable daughter was only present for one.

Aliza was more around this Shabbat. She crammed in a week's worth of activities, spoke of some of the girls, the teachers, the school, the schedule. She wanted to play a game of Bananagrams...we sat and ate ice cream together, worked on a puzzle, talked.

Saturday night, Davidi came home again, but too late for me to see him.

Sunday morning, Aliza left. Davidi's back to me and Lazer (and Elie and Lauren downstairs).

Work and then home to an empty house...fed the dog; need to unload the dishwasher. New reality...

I can leave in the morning when I want to - without coordinating my schedule, without checking if Aliza made food for herself or needs me to do it. I don't have to call and wake her in the morning...a new reality.

I haven't decided yet whether I like it or not...

No comments:

Copyright Statement

Everything on this site is protected and copyrighted according to Israeli and international laws. Violators WILL be prosecuted.

For permission to use pictures or text from this site, please write to: