Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Learning to Live with Terrorism

In the last few days, as Israel has been hit with a wave of terror, I've started to write many times and each time, was only able to capture a fraction of what is on my mind and in my heart. To some extent, feelings are so fleeting, despair so deep, that you realize you can't capture it and you give up. In each half-finished post (or less or more), there is an element I want to share...and then, I get to a point and realize I can't. I can't really explain. I have another thought and so am starting that post but rather than let all these go...I'm going to publish them as they are...unfinished, unedited...unsure. Here's one:

(P.S. You'll see this note above on several posts...when you don't see it, maybe I'll have figured out enough of what I feel to finish the thought completely...or maybe the terror will have ended. No, I have no faith in that happening any time soon.)

.....
In the last I don't know where to start. For me, that's quite an admission. It's been a long time since I came to this blog without a clear thought of what I wanted to write. I've gotten complacent. After 20 years in Israel, two sons in and out of the army, I felt like I was the expert.

I know...well, not on everything, and certainly not when it comes to living and coping in Israel. But I would have said I was so much more than those who came here I'll start by saying that having lived in Israel over 20 years, I have lived through many, many terror attacks...what's been happening in the last few days, as horrible as it is...pales against the scenes forever in my mind

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paula - Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and Am Yisrael. While most Israelis don't believe us diaspora Jews are effected by this new wave of terror, I can promise you that there are many "religious Zionists" who do live outside of Israel and who are in great distress over the current situation. While I may be in New York, my heart and my mind, these days more than ever, are with you all. May HKBH keep all of you strong and safe. Am Yisrael Chai. MM

Copyright Statement

Everything on this site is protected and copyrighted according to Israeli and international laws. Violators WILL be prosecuted.

For permission to use pictures or text from this site, please write to: info@paulasays.com.