Tuesday, August 2, 2016

What does it feel like to know that your blog has been seen ONE MILLION TIMES?

Well, I can't tell you yet...


but it's getting awfully close...

So what I think it means is that what I am writing here is resonating with others, and for that I am grateful.

It means that people are reading and coming back to read and sharing with others because ultimately, they care about my family, my children, my country. And that pleases me greatly.

It means that in my words, people learn about what is happening here and it means that others who are sharing in the same experiences have a trail set before them and this helps them...and me, as I too continue to blaze into the life of a soldier's mother.


Mostly, it means that for the last eight or nine years, I have been sharing the lives of my family, mainly my children with so many others and I am grateful that, for the most part, my children haven't disowned me.

I wish I could tell you that it gets easier and easier as you gain more experience with having a child in the army but the truth is, it doesn't really get easier.


But perhaps what does help is knowing that I'm not really alone on the journey. I began this with no idea that anyone else would be reading. I needed to write and so for me, starting the blog was like going into a quiet room and starting to speak. 

And then suddenly, I turned around and there were people in the room with me, and then more and then more. The room has changed a bit over the years, and the stream of people coming in and going out has increased.

For those of you just starting out on this journey, I wish you peace and safety. For those who have experienced this journey in the past, wait for me, I long to be where you are now, with this whole experience safely behind me.

And for the rest of you who have never known the life of a soldier's family, I welcome you to continue with me. I wish I could tell you that somewhere along the way, together we'll reach peace and a time when other mothers won't have to do what I am doing now, what my son is doing, and so many other sons.

Sadly, I don't believe that and I won't give false hopes.

One million times people have come into my blog to see how my sons were doing, see what is happening in my life. I thank you and ask you to pray for all our sons and daughters here in Israel and in all the armies of the world. May they fight on the side of right and justice and light against the forces of evil and darkness and hate.

One million times....wow.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying daily for the safety and well being of our beloved soldiers...and for all of Am Yisrael!!! Jan

Copyright Statement

Everything on this site is protected and copyrighted according to Israeli and international laws. Violators WILL be prosecuted.

For permission to use pictures or text from this site, please write to: info@paulasays.com.