Monday, October 10, 2016

Why I'm Done Pushing for Donald Trump

...or pushing against Hillary Clinton.

No, I haven't changed my mind about which is the less evil candidate; which will do more harm. But I've come to an agreement with myself and this is it.

For many years, I have had the thought that there are three types of people in the world, three groups.

There are those who love you...almost to the point of it not mattering what you do.

There are those who hate you...almost to the point of it not mattering what you do.

And there are those to whom you can speak, challenge, educate, share, discuss...until they choose to be in one of the groups above.

There is nothing gained by speaking to the haters. Speaking to those who love you feels good and is important but speaking to the third group is why I write and share my thoughts.

I think further discussing and wasting time and emotion on this election is not beneficial. I didn't watch the debate. I hope Hillary does end up in jail...maybe to share a cell with Bill for his treatment of women (not words said to a man on a bus 11 years ago).

Vote that you never think the outcome might have been different if you had voted .

Vote for your democracy if not your heart.

Those who support one candidate or the other will not change their minds. The election held today or in a month has been decided already.

I don't plan on spending any more time on this because it feeds the incorrect attitude that somehow the world revolves around the United States. It doesn't.

In the next month, I'll be visiting at least 3 countries and maybe as much as 5. There's a whole world out there beyond your borders and they are watching in shocked disbelief. It's a big world and Americans make a mistake in not recognizing that beyond your borders, important and dangerous things are happening.

Yesterday, two people were murdered in a terror attack in Jerusalem. Two worlds crashed. A husband, three daughters and six grandchildren are struggling today to understand how God took the heart of their family away.

A young widow, married only five months thinks the world has ended. She thinks of the home they'll never build and the children they'll never have.

Trump. Clinton. Whatever.

Good luck, America. You are lucky. Whatever happens in can probably undo in four years...two families in Israel, but really thousands of families here (and there) don't have that option.


Klara Levine said...

Incredibly well put. Shame America is going thru such nonsense, but tragedy that senseless murders continue.

Cindy said...

Well said. I have no idea who I'm going to vote for. This election has been unlike any other. I would not vote for Hillary Clinton, but when we had 16 nominees to choose from, I didn't vote for Donald Trump. But now that the majority of American's did vote for him, it seems politicians and the media are over the top in trying to destroy him. This is not just a race for the white house anymore, something else seems to be going on. I'm not sure what it is, but no matter what happens, I know G-d is in control. 'Pray for America' is absolutely right.

Copyright Statement

Everything on this site is protected and copyrighted according to Israeli and international laws. Violators WILL be prosecuted.

For permission to use pictures or text from this site, please write to: