Sunday, December 11, 2016

America is Doomed

I've been trying for weeks to say something, write something, explain something that will calm people down, make them SEE rather than fear. It's pretty much been for nothing.

A woman I have known for almost 30 years has pretty much cut the relationship. She didn't unfriend me, but took the first step in "unfollowing" me. That means, she doesn't want to listen or see what I'm saying which, by my book is basically unfriending.

I let it go for a while thinking time would heal but it just gets worse. She wrote a song with a friend. She's a talented singer and musician and writer so put it together and you get a song.

I made a comment - apparently, I'm not supposed to do that. Apparently, we agreed not to comment on each other's politics and my comment breaks that rule. I also shared her post with another comment on my Facebook timeline. Apparently sharing what others post is wrong.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2016/11/08/celebrities-leaving-u-s-trump-wins/
Years ago, someone got very angry at me for calling them on something they did that was unethical and all I could think of was - if you did it, don't call ME out.

So she wrote a song to rhyme with Rudolf the Red-Nosed reindeer and one line just got to me...

"But now, our country will fall, because Trump will murder us all..."

She said I had no right to share HER song; it was hers. Now, according to the laws of Facebook, I think you are allowed to use that Share button. And that's all I did. I never claimed the song as mine. There is a simply rule on Facebook - don't post what you aren't willing to have shared. Writing that the President of the United States plans to "murder us all" is quite serious. Seriously slander or seriously true in which case all must be done to stop him.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2016/11/08/celebrities-leaving-u-s-trump-wins/
She demanded, nonetheless, that I remove my shared post, and I did. I also removed my comment on her time line. Those are hers. The only words I have taken from her is the sentence above. The following words are mine. I don't expect she'll see it. I don't expect she'll read it. I don't expect things to be put in perspective.
I surrender, America. You're right. America is doomed. Trump is going to murder you all. First he'll kill the gay people. Then he'll kill the straight people then he'll kill the women; then the men.
Then he'll release chemicals into the air to increase global warming. Then he'll start a war with China, name Putin as head of the military....and all this in his first week of office.
Then maybe he'll go play golf and act like Obama...or seduce a woman in the oval office like Clinton...but at least in his case it will probably be his wife and not a vicious, nasty dog like you know who....
http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2016/11/08/celebrities-leaving-u-s-trump-wins/
Then having killed all the straight people and women, he'll pass anti-abortion regulations just for the hell of it AND make all illegal immigrants who aren't men or women or gay or straight (cause they were killed the first week, remember?) leave the country. 
He's going to change the color of the flag to red and orange and it will clash horribly.
Oh, I'm scared to death. It's the end of days, the end of the world...
And OMG he might force everyone to have guns in their homes and outlaw snowplows.
I've heard about 30 times how I can't know how dangerous Trump is because I don't live in America...
Well. Unlike Clinton supporters I actually listened to both candidates and oh yes, she was smoother...like a snake. And she is more corrupt. And nastier.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2016/11/08/celebrities-leaving-u-s-trump-wins/
But you know what....you are royally f****** America, you know why?
 Because you lost something precious in this election and it wasn't Trump's fault. It was yours.
You were so busy hating, you forgot to love. You forgot that friendship is eternal while the presidency is four years. 
 You forgot that unity is strength and anger and violence is not your way.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2016/11/08/celebrities-leaving-u-s-trump-wins/
I surrender. Live with your fear, your blind hatred. And live with the shame...if you are smart enough to even see it, when you find that Trump isn't Hitler but your whining comparisons only served to lessen and denigrate the true Hitler and the true Nazis.
I'm done. I tried rational arguments, I tried comfort. Done.
People are dying...being murdered...yes in the streets of Chicago...but that's not on Trump. But they are dying in Istanbul today, and Syria and other places you are too self-absorbed to even care about. 
God gave you a great land. And here's the secret...Trump isn't the one destroying it.
What will destroy America are all those who would only stay if America agrees to go THEIR way, people who only believe in democracy when they win.

I agree - Trump will never succeed in making America great again. You want to know why? Look in the mirror and ask yourselves whether you love America, or you just love yourself?

Because, after weeks of listening, I finally have been convinced. America is doomed.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paula, I have been saying it since Obama was elected the first time. America is toast. One of the main reasons we made Aliyah.

Anonymous said...

I actually agree with the above statement. I made aliyah in 2008, and voted against Obama from Israel. When will the whining and retribution from the Dems stop??!! It's ridiculous behavior-so childish!!

toni said...

I agree with every single word of your post.

Anonymous said...

Although the source of the following quote is questionable, it so succinctly and concisely sums up the state of the union that it should be titled, "America's Epitaph."
“The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president.”

SafeNSharp said...

Well, I've always maintained that the lunacy of the Left ultimately leads to the brutality of the Right. Thankfully we are mot there..yet. Remember all the shreying from the Dems,'Trump days maybe he won't accept election results!' and what do we see instead? Ludicrous remarks, including those from Jews, holding mourning ceremonies in their Reform and Conservative temples, while the snowflake whackjobs uncivilly protest in Chicago and other big cities.
It's crazy. We're coming Paula, we're working on it, give us time, but were coming.
Shneer.

Anonymous said...

Paula....great blog post and also to those who commented, I agree with all of you. Grateful to be living in Israel for such a time as this.

Wolfgang said...

"What will destroy America are all those who would only stay if America agrees to go THEIR way, people who only believe in democracy when they win."

"believe in democracy"... what was good when people ruled themselves?
I hope with great longing for the day, when people are governed by God.
It will be so.
Even without a big America.

With a great Judah.
Great in God's trust and obedience to His Word.
In the entire territory of Israel.

"The word that Yeshayah-yahu the son of Amoz saw concerning Yhudah and Yerushalayim.
And it shall come to pass in the last days,
that the mountain of YY 's house shall be established in the top of the mountains,
and shall be exalted above the hills;
and all nations shall flow unto it.
And many people shall go and say,
Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of YY ,
to the house of the Elohim of Yaakov;
and he will teach us of his ways,
and we will walk in his paths:
for out of TZiyon shall go forth the Torah,
and the word of YY from Yerushalayim.
And he shall judge among the nations,
and shall rebuke many people:
and they shall beat their swords into plowshares,
and their spears into pruninghooks:
nation shall not lift up sword against nation,
neither shall they learn war any more."
(Isaiah 2, 1-4)

Wow.
That's great, really great.

And this is also good for me.
And for you.

Forget is what the asterisks of Hollywood ever said.
Forever is forgetting what Obama, Clinton or Trump ever did.

Leah Kahalani said...

So well said! I feel exactly as you do. I just don't have time in my life to put the words together as well as you have. Keep 'em coming!

Copyright Statement

Everything on this site is protected and copyrighted according to Israeli and international laws. Violators WILL be prosecuted.

For permission to use pictures or text from this site, please write to: info@paulasays.com.